Extending the life of our garments to reduce fashion waste: from Manchester to Delhi
- About 20% of the world’s industrial water pollution is caused by the fashion industry
- 10% of global carbon emissions come from the fashion industry
- Shifting from fast fashion to sustainable fashion can help to reduce this waste by extending the life of a garment.
- Fashion students and journalism students from Manchester Metropolitan University and Pearl Academy, India collaborate to report on the latest garment technologies being used by ethical fashion brands in both countries
- Click on the image below to enter the multimedia story